How to juggle multiple projects with more happiness, less stress
Second in a two-part series! Wherein I (a) use a helpful structure to explore how I could get what I need, and at the same time (b) see what it’s like to do things just-enough. I don’t have to be a perfectionist all the time.*
What I want: I’d like to enjoy those Big Projects I’m juggling!, rather than stressing out about them.
Ways this could happen:
• I could allow myself to feel whatever I’m feeling as I start work and continue working.
• When I have the urge to take a break, I could gently ask myself whether I’m giving myself a gift, or running and hiding (or both!), and listen compassionately to the answer.
• I could allow myself breaks way before I get tired or sore or burned out.
• Even if/when my inner editor is cricitizing or worrying, I could allow myself lots of awareness outside of her voice.
• Even if/when my inner editor is worrying, I could let myself enjoy the topic I’m engaging with and the information I’m learning and sharing and working with and transforming so it can be helpful to others.
My commitment: I’ll print out what I just wrote and read it over, every day, this week.
* Here’s the post (Havi’s) that gave rise the comment (mine) that led to this post (here) that-lay-in-the-house-that-Jack-built!